Monday 26 January 2009

Polio Eradication


Just to refute any allegations of me having flown the country, no such luck I am still here and still busy. One area that requires my devoted attention is the coordination of this Districts commitment to the Gates Foundation $100,000000 Polio Challenge. I along with Stephen Chorley your Foundation Chairman are committed to ensuring that the clubs in this District play their part in ridding the world of this terrible disease. Those of you who attended our District Conference will know how I feel about this scourge that still exists. In any case the bottom line is we are committed to doing our level best to finish the job we began in 1983 and is now almost completed. Fellow Rotarian's I have given RI our commitment to provide $10,000 per year over the next three years to finish the job. Shortly you will see a Polio Goal chart appear on our website which will show where we are and where we need to be by the end of June. I am counting on you all to help me, these little children in India. Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan are counting on you, please don't let them down get your pledges and donations in to District Treasurer Jim as soon as you can. Lets MAKE DREAMS REAL and allow the children of the world to have a life.