Thursday 18 September 2008

Rotary Club of Aberdeen Balgownie (Visit No 60)


The last visit of the week saw me head back up to Aberdeen this time accompanied by Oliver Will from my own club as driver and me as navigator, boy did we need a navigator. The Rotary Club of Aberdeen Balgownie meet in the very nice venue of Mains of Scotstown Inn in Bridge of Don. There is however a problem if you are an outsider, its finding the place. After frequent stops and asking passers by we eventually arrived. We were certainly made to feel very welcome by all of the members, many of whom had been at conference at the weekend. President Jack Archibald introduced me, and I was back on my feet again. After my address there was an update on the conference which was enjoyed by all attending. Once again a very involved club with some great projects and initiatives going on. I look forward to working with them this year.
(The picture shows President Jack and yours truly)