Wednesday 3 September 2008

Rotary Club of Ellon (Visit No 49)


After a very pleasant drive up to Ellon I arrived at the Station Hotel to be greeted in the car park by Alasdair Campbell with his usual friendly smile. I was made very welcome by President Elleanor Macalister and the members. It was great to see PDG Doug Westland back on his feet again, although still in some discomfort. Doug I hope all goes well for you on the 12th September and the operation is a success. I look forward to seeing you when you have fully recovered. A very nice meal followed by my address was the order of the evening. The club are indeed a jewel in the crow of District 1010 with an immense portfolio of projects in place. The club will host two evenings in their hotel in Birmingham during the RI Convention in June of next year. They have an attendance in Birmingham of over seventy, a remarkable effort. Once again I look forward to working with them in 2008-9

(The picture shows yours truly and President Elleanor)