Wednesday 20 August 2008

Rotary Club of Monifieth & Dist (Visit No 44)


It's Wednesday evening I am now beginning to check my feet to see if they are becoming webbed, it's still raining. I have arrived in Monifieth at the Grange Golf Club for my next visit to the Rotary Club of Monifieth & District. On arrival I was met by President Angus Johnston and several of the members. Before the meeting began I was presented with a cheque for £1000 for PolioPlus which was later added to by a further £48 from a personal donation. The club have agreed to donate further funds to the project as and when they can. They have many new projects on the go including a possible Beach Clean Up. It was great to see so many friends that I have made over the years and to see them all in such good heart. I am sure this year will be another great year for the club. I look forward to working with them in Making Dreams Real.

(The picture shows President Angus and yours truly with President Elect David Barrie at the rear)