Monday 25 August 2008

Rotary Club of Peterhead (Visit No 46)


Another Monday comes around and I'm on my way to Peterhead accompanied by one of my club members Oliver Will. After a pleasant drive North on a rather nice summer afternoon we arrived at the Palace Hotel, home of the club for 44 years. We were greeted by President Ian Robertson and a few of the members. After a nice dinner I gave my address which was well received. The members although only 21 in number are very enthusiastic and are involved in a good few projects. The club are also the sponsors of the new proposed Mintlaw Club which is now almost up and running with over 20 members. Even though their numbers are small the club members enjoy their Rotary service and are trying to increase their membership. It is probable that the may have one new member soon.
(The picture shows President Ian and yours truly)