Thursday 21 August 2008

Rotary Club of Orkney (Visit No 45)


Thursday morning at 6am I was once again on my way to Edinburgh airport, this time to catch my flight to Kirkwall. The weather was it's usual unpredictable self, however after a pleasant flight I once again arrived to a nice sunny morning in Orkney. The club meet in the rather nice surroundings of the Lynnfield Hotel which overlooks Kirkwall and has incredible views. I was greeted by President Bill Barbour and the members of the club. The meeting had a few visitors including PDG Ian Knight and his wife from District 9800 South Melbourne Australia. The club members enjoyed what I had to say and intimated their intentions to support the projects for this Rotary year. A great club with a diverse membership which is showing great signs of further growth for the future. I did not have time to see much of this wonderful place, but will remedy that soon when Rita and I will have a longer trip to enjoy these beautiful islands.


(The picture shows President Bill Barbour & yours truly)