Tuesday 19 August 2008

Rotary Club of Stornoway (Visit No 43)


It's Tuesday and the start of another round of club visits, I have set of at 5:30 am in very rainy conditions to catch my flight to Stornoway. All was well at Edinburgh I departed on time and arrived in a sun drenched Stornoway to be greeted by the club's answer to Ant & Dec, Norman Macleod & Murdoch Macleod two of the nicest gentlemen I have ever had the pleasure to meet. They kept me entertained with their general good humour and banter whilst giving me a tour of part of the wonderful Isle of Lewis before taking me to the County Hotel where I was greeted by President Jane Campbell and several of the members. A super buffet lunch was followed by my address to the club which was well received. What a great club which is now beginning to grow with a possible intake of 4 or 5 new members shortly. After the meeting I was taken round the rest of the island by President Jane and Iain Macaulay before being taken back to the airport for my flight back to Edinburgh. A truly memorable experience I am looking forward to returning in April for the club's 50th Charter Celebrations.
(The picture shows yours truly with President Jane Campbell)