Monday 28 July 2008

Rotary Club of Anstruther (Visit No 19)


Once again it is the start of another new week in the busy schedule, I have arrived in Anstruther on a very warm misty evening. I was met in the car park by President William Duncan and ushered into the Craws Nest to be met by with the usual warm welcome by the members of the club. After a nice meal and some reminiscences by William and myself of our Round Table days I delivered my address. The members were suitably complimentary and felt it was very thought provoking, the club have risen to many of the challenges this year including Polio Plus and Schools 4 All. Again a friendly warm club with "many a kent face" I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and look forward to seeing all again soon.

(The picture shows JVP John Wood, yours truly, President William Duncan and Secretary Eric Dewhirst)