Wednesday 16 July 2008

Rotary Club of East Sutherland (Visit No 12)


I left Ullapool headed North and cut across country towards East Sutherland. Once again the scenery was breathtaking, with most of the trip being on single track road I was travelling slow enough to take it all in. A spectacular sight I could never have imagined appeared directly in front of me, a Golden Eagle complete with quarry in it's talons, a fairly sizable rabbit. I arrived in Brora to be greeted by President Elect Alistair Risk in the absence of President Pat who's mother had been rushed into hospital. The club's new venue The Sutherland Inn is small but wow is the food good. After an incredible meal I delivered my address to a greatly receptive audience who are among some of the most enthusiastic Rotarian's I have come across. This club are without doubt in total tune with modern Rotary ideals.


(The picture shows President Elect Alistair Risk and yours truly)