Thursday 24 July 2008

Rotary Club of Dundee (Visit No 17)


After a very pleasant flight back from Shetland into Aberdeen I made my way down to Dundee on Thursday morning of 24th July. My next visit was to our largest club, the Rotary Club of Dundee. The welcome was as usual very warm and friendly with this great aura of grandeur that the members on welcome duty create. However this one was different, greeting me as I walked towards the door was a large coloured picture of Rita and I heralding my visit. On entering I was met with the beaming smile of PDG Gordon McFatridge who announced that the sales of the Courier today were higher than ever, there in front of me was the picture and report from the paper on the handover, what a welcome. Speaking at this club is some what daunting at the best of times, today was no exception with four PDGs and two of my District team in attendance I had to deliver. However I needn't have worried everything went to plan, my address was well received by all present. President Bill was sure that the club would rise to the challenges of this new Rotary year.

(The picture shows President Bill Spence and yours truly)