Monday 6 October 2008

Laurencekirk & District (Visit No 68)


The first visit of this week took me back up North once more to visit the Rotary Club of Laurencekirk & District. The usual very warm welcome awaited me by President Douglas Lamb and the members. The club although small is extremely active both locally and Internationally, with participation in quite a few projects. One such project is the support for Schools4All in Uganda, the club have pledged to support this the chosen emphasis from RIBI President Ian Thomson. After a nice meal and some interesting chat I was back on my feet once more, the club seemed enthused by my address and asked some interesting questions afterwards. A super little club that will guarantee you a great welcome especially if you are the owner of a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue label!!

(The picture shows yours truly and President Douglas)