Monday 13 October 2008

Rotary Club of Abertay (Visit No 73)

Monday evening and I have arrived at The Woodlands Hotel in Broughty Ferry for the meeting of the Rotary Club of Abertay. Imagine my surprise when I walked through the front door of the hotel to be greeted by President Ron Learmonth and several of the members accompanied by a Dundee Courier photographer. There displayed was he clubs new publicity pull-up which I have to say is very impressive indeed. Ron presented me with a cheque for School4All for £500 and Polio Plus for £500, for which I thank them very much. The club is without doubt one of the many shining examples of Rotary we have in this District. The clubs efforts in PR are outstanding and from what I can see will be even better this year. Once again the members enjoyed my address and are certainly behind all of the emphasis for this Rotary year. Thank you all for your friendship and hospitality, a great night.