Friday 31 October 2008

Rotary Club of Stirling (Visit No 78)


Well its the end of a working week once more and I am visiting our only Friday club the Rotary Club of Stirling who meet in the Golden Lion Hotel. I have special links with the club and many of its members who I have known for some time now. It was great to meet up with them all again especially Stewart Anderson who presented me with his latest CD called Mostly Scottish and features Stewart on accordion and Bob Christie on fiddle who have been playing since they were boys. There was a super turn out from members who were pleased to say Yes to me and inform me that they had already raised £1500 for Polio Plus, thank you all for a really enjoyable time, it was great to see you all again.

(The picture shows Secretary Jim Kerr, yours truly, President Malcolm Cordwell-Smith and President Elect Alan Skilling)