Wednesday 29 October 2008

Rotary Club of Blairgowrie (Visit No 77)

Wednesday has dawned and on a fresh crisp winters day I set of for my visit to The Rotary club of Blairgowrie. The club meet in the Angus Hotel in the heart of the town, I was met at the door by President Dennis Crofts and several of the members. After a welcome drink and chat at the bar it was time to eat again (and yes the waistline is still bearing up) After a nice lunch my address was heard by a very enthusiastic membership who seemed to like what they heard. Blairgowrie are one of the shining examples in our District with their superb efforts and support of our Rotary Foundation with givings last year of over £3000 a marvelous effort which I am hoping they will sustain this year. I look forward to seeing them all again when I speak at their 61st Charter in November.
(The picture shows President Dennis Crofts, yours truly Rotarian Jennifer Sommerville and President Elect Oswald Dealmeida)