Tuesday 14 October 2008

Rotary Club of Burntisland & Kinghorn (Visit No 74)

My second visit of the week is to The Sands Hotel the home of the Rotary Club of Burntisland & Kinghorn. The visit has special affection for me as it was the first club I worked with in my role as Conference Production Manager back in our Centenary year. Many of the members have become good friends to both Rita and me. We were made to feel very welcome and greeted at the door by Tom Spark and most of the members. After a very nice meal President George Foster introduced me and it was once again address time. The club are a very active club especially in their own community and have many great projects under their belt such as the award winning Rotary Rambles. They have just completed their Charity Shop week which raised over £3000 even in these times of problems especially in the retail trade. A superb club with much going on, they are set for another great year.
(The picture shows President George, Rita & yours truly)